Bible Gateway

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Hard to Believe

It is so hard to believe that it has been three months since my last post. I feel almost guilty. :O)

The last three months I have been plodding slowly through my current novel. I say slowly because I'm having such a hard time. I've created some really great characters and I love them! However, my plot has sagged seriously. So, after hearing a recommendation on my ACFW loop, I visited Marcher Lord Press and bought a couple of e-books by Jeff Gerke.

(http://marcherlordpress.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=9&products_id=18)

The one I'm reading at this moment is How to Find Your Story. I'm halfway through his system for creating adventurous plots and am feeling some better about my novel. But not completely better, because I've come to a halt in the process with trying to discover an emotional knot for my character. And then if I add the obvious one, then I'll have to begin my story all over from the very beginning and I'm not wanting to do that since I'm halfway through the story. I'd like to find another knot, but finding one isn't that easy.

I have critique coming up next week and need to really buckle down and decide on something so I can present an offering at the table of critiquers. Not that I'm trying to rush it, but I am tired of this rut I'm in. I haven't written anything in this novel for weeks.

On to good news, since my last post I am now employed. Sorta. I'm writing reviews of websites for a webdesigner. You know what that means. Yes!!! I'm actually getting paid to write!!!! Whoo-Hoo!!!

Also, I'm still loving my Christian Writer's Guild class. I'm in the second year of my Apprentice Level Course. This month we are beginning to outline an non-fiction book. I've been leary of beginning this quest because my one true passion is fiction. However, after some brainstorming I think I know what I want to do. I've always wanted to write a Bible Study, but never though I had it in me. Well, I'm going to do it! Prayerfully it will turn out well.

Since my last post, I've also reunited with my very first critique partners, Pamela and Kay. Kay Swanson is a published author who has written Contemporary Romance and Japanese Historicals with a romantic element. We have been meeting monthly for lunch. It has truly been a blessing for me to have them back in my life. I've also created a yahoogroup so we can critique online. All three of us need gentle pushing to get the creative juices flowing, so hopefully this will help.

Well, until next month...may peace and blessings flow throughout your home.

No comments:

Word of the Day