Bible Gateway

Monday, April 06, 2009

Empowering Characters' Emotions

EMPOWERING CHARACTERS' EMOTIONS

Presented by Margie Lawson

We over at Books To Write By (http://www.bookstowriteby.blogspot.com/) are avid fans of Margie Lawson's courses. Most of us has enrolled in more than one of her courses. The month of March was no different than when three of us joined the online course, Empowering Characters' Emotions.This class is a benefit to all writers who want to advance their writing skills. Ms. Lawson explores empowering emotions through her EDITS system. This system color codes your manuscript so you can actually see if your writing is layered with the essential keys to a great read.

  • Look forward to learning:
  • The EDITS System
  • Basic, complex, empowered, and super empowered passages
  • Backstory management
  • Kinesics, Haptics, Proxemics, Facial expressions, Paralanguage
  • Proprioceptive stimuli, Involuntary physical responses
  • Ideomotoric shifts
  • Mirroring, Communication Accommodation
  • Levels of intimacy, Love signals
  • Nonverbal gender differences
  • Emotional authenticity
  • Backloading
  • In-trancing the Reader
  • Writing fresh . . .
  • Projecting Emotion for a Non-POV character
  • Carrying a Nonverbal Image Forward
  • Objective Constructs
  • Empowering Characters’ Emotions Checklist

At first, I became overwhelmed with the course and I think many people did, too. However, once I grabbed my highlighters and applied the EDITS system to my own writing...I got what I paid for. I discovered that I write no dialogue cues and that I hardly ever write setting information. There are also some minor things I noticed, which needs to changed. But now I know how to correct it.


I highly recommend any of Ms. Lawson's courses. In fact, another online class is coming up in May.


Here is the information:
MAY 1 -- 30 Deep Editing: The EDITS System, Rhetorical Devices, and More Offered by Writer University: http://www.writeruniv.com/

You want regret enrolling!


I'll see you in class.

No comments:

Word of the Day