Bible Gateway

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm Too Old for Homework!

Yesterday was the first day of school.

I sent my children off with mixed emotions. On one hand, I am anxious to get back to my writing, excited to get back to my exercising, and thrilled to re-unite with my writing friends. On the other hand, I'm feel lonely at home and miss my kids.

As the school bell rang, Bethany eagerly met her dad and walked to the car. She had a cat-ate-the-canary smile on her face. She entered the car and proudly announced, "Guess what, Mom? You've got homework and I don't."

Now I'm thinking, yeah she's probably talking about that mountain load of paperwork I have to fill out every year.

Oh, no. She flicked out of her binder a paper, "Look Mom, you have to write an essay!"

Thank goodness, it's not math!

Writing I think I can handle.

So, I wrote a six-paragraph article on who my daughter is in my eyes. On my family blog, I will display it.

As most of you know, I still have homework. I'm enrolled in the Christian Writer's Guild Course, so I have bi-monthly homework.

However, who knew at this age I'd end up with Junior High Homework?

No comments:

Word of the Day