Bible Gateway

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Query Letters and Helpful Resources

One of my critique partners and I are hard at work this week, writing the dreaded query letter.

Even though my strengths are in synopsis and taglines, I'm still learning the ropes with the query. You'd think since it is so low in word countage that it'd be easy to write. Wrong! The query letter needs to hook the person reading it right off from the get-go.

Now, I've bought books on the best selling queries and such, however I'm a streamline girl. If I can find an article on how to write a great query and not have to read a 300 page non-fiction book...I'll do it in a heartbeat. I'm just being honest.

I've found an outstanding article on the Internet about the craft of writing a query. This author's ability to write a query letter has garnered the praises of leading people in the industry.

So, here is Mary Demuth's blog address where you can find her pdf nine-page article on writing a best selling query letter: http://wannabepublished.blogspot.com/.

Another great small book on the subject is Agent Noah Lukeman's short on query letters. You can go to Amazon.com and download a free book. Here is Mr. Lukeman's website, which can direct you to the downloadable link: http://www.lukeman.com/greatquery/index.htm.

No comments:

Word of the Day